17 August 2007

Amsterdam

Freshened up at Schiphol airport. I can never tell exactly how big this airport is, but it takes a really long time to taxi in from the runway. We all sat separately on the flight from Detroit. I got almost an entire talk done for the upcoming symposium. Saw part of "Lucky You" with Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore, but it was intolerable, so slept. I am so glad I brought the iPod, but now I need to get some noise-canceling earphones. Khiani tells me I slept in various "interesting" positions. We met up with Sujan immediately upon deplaning. Sounds like he had a good time in Amsterdam. Hopefully, we can all sit closer together for the next segment of the journey.

4 comments:

Topseed said...

Glad to hear that you guys are progressing nicely with the trip. Hope you got me something at Schiphol. :)

Topseed said...

Eric Bana...intolerable??

BaldWonder said...

My favorite part of Schiphol:

In a very calm, pleasant female voice: "Gopala Yadavelli, please come immediately to gate A3, or we WILL proceed to offload your luggage..."

Unknown said...

Just to let you know, changes are being made in the section in your absence. Imperious Leader? Are you out there? More to follow